Last revised: 25 February 2022
By using the Exchange Gate offerings, you agree to the following terms:
- the collection and use of personal data (limited to the data described in paragraph 2) following the terms of this Policy;
- the use of necessary cookies (as described below);
- account management emails, as well as marketing and promotional emails, are sent to you (of which you may opt out at any time).
1. Key Information and who are Exchange Gate
Exchange Gate offerings are not intended for children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect or market to children. If you believe we have collected information about a child under the age of 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that the information can be deleted.
Third Party Links
Links to third-party websites, plug-ins, and programs may be included in Exchange Gate offerings, and they may interact with them. By clicking those links or enabling those connections, third parties may be able to gather and share information about you. These third-party sites, plug-ins, and applications are not under our control, and we are not responsible for their privacy policies.
2. The information we gather about you
Personal data, often known as personal information, refers to any information about a person that can be used to identify that person. It excludes data from which the identity has been deleted (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store, and transfer many types of personal data about you, which we have organized into the following categories:
- Identity Data contains your first and last names, your job title, log-in credentials, and the name of your company.
- Billing address, delivery address, email address, and phone numbers are all included in the contact data.
- Transaction Data refers to information about products and services you've bought from us.
- Marketing and Public Relations Your preferences for getting marketing from us and our third parties, as well as your communication preferences, are among the information we collect.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you, such as details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, health information, genetic and biometric data, or information about criminal convictions and offenses.
We may use "cookies," which are small files placed on your hard drive that allow us to uniquely recognize your browser and gather certain information about you. Cookies allow us to assess the traffic of our web pages, adapt our service, monitor promotional effectiveness, and encourage trust and safety, among other things. Cookies are required to identify you and keep your signed-in status, and some features are only available with the usage of cookies. You are always free to decline cookies via your browser settings, although doing so may interfere with your use of the Exchange Gate offerings. You may come across cookies from third parties over which we have no control.
Pixel tags, web beacons, and other web site usage tracking technologies may also be used to collect information. Web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels") are small electronic images that may be utilized in the service or in emails you receive from us. Web beacons may be used to distribute cookies, count visitors, analyze usage and campaign performance, and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. Non-personal data, such as the identification of the applicable internet service provider, the type of browser software and operating system in use, the date and time of site access, and other traffic-related information, is collected by such devices. As explained below, such information is shared with other parties.
The default setting in most web browsers is to accept cookies. You can normally change your browser to erase cookies and reject cookies if you want. Certain parts of our service may be harmed if you opt to remove or reject cookies. Visit www.allaboutcookies.org for more information on cookies, including how to disable them.
If you don't give us your personal information, we won't be able to help you
We may not be able to complete the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you if we need to gather personal data by law or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to supply that data when required (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this scenario, we may have to cancel a product or service you've purchased from us, but we'll let you know right away if that's the case.
3. How is your personal information gathered?
We acquire data from and about you through a variety of techniques, including those listed above and through:
You may provide us with your Identity and Contact Data by completing forms or communicating with us via mail, phone, email, live interaction, or other means. This includes any personal information you give us when you:
- apply for and usage of our products or services;
- request advertisements to be sent to you;
- enter in a survey;
- give us feedback
- contact us.
Third parties or publicly available sources
We will obtain personal information about you from a variety of third parties and public sources, as detailed below:
Technical Data from the following parties:
- analytics providers, such as Google, based inside and outside the EU;
- search information providers based inside and outside the EU.
- Contact and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources.
4. How Do We Use Your Personal Data?
We will only use your personal information if the law permits it. We will most likely utilize your personal information in the following situations:
- Where we'll need to carry out the deal we're about to or have already signed with you.
- When it is essential for our (or a third party's) legitimate interests, and your interests and basic rights do not outweigh those interests.
- Where we must adhere to a legal requirement.
You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
5. Disclosures of Your Personal Data.
Your Personal Information will never be sold to a third party.
For the objectives outlined in paragraph 4, we may share your personal data with the companies listed below, including:
- Third parties involved in the sale, transfer, or merger of our stock, business, or assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire or merge with other companies. If our company changes hands, the new owners may use your personal information in the same manner as described in this privacy statement.
- Our affiliated entities, as well as our service providers, consultants, and other contractors in order to support or improve our products, services, and business operations, or to make and complete transactions. The use and processing of personal data by such parties will be subject to security or confidentiality obligations by this policy and applicable law.
- As required by applicable law or lawful requests or processes, or to enforce our terms and agreements, and to protect the rights, safety, and property of Exchange Gate, our agents, employees, customers, and others.
All third parties are required by us to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes, and we only allow them to process your personal data for the purposes specified by us and by our instructions.
6. Data Security
We have implemented appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorized manner, altered, or disclosed. Furthermore, we restrict access to your personal data to employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties who have a legitimate business need to know. They will only process your personal data if we instruct them to do so, and they are bound by a duty of confidentiality.
7. Data Retention
We will only keep your personal data for as long as is reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, including any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting, or reporting requirements. In the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a risk of litigation arising from our relationship with you, we may retain your personal data for a longer period of time.
We consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting, or other requirements when determining the appropriate retention period for personal data.
We're based in Latvia. All issues concerning privacy are governed by Latvian law.